Our Contact Details:
• Hunts England is the trading name of Hunts England Limited, a Private limited Company registered in England and Wales with the company number 05948135;
• Registered address: Hunts England LTD, Mill Farm, Muston Road, Filey, YO14 0HH;
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com if you wish to contact Nicholas Hunt, a director of Hunts England Limited);
• Telephone: 0333 050 8962.
What information we collect about you
The personal data we collect about you may include:
We collect your personal information in three ways: information that you provide to us, information that we collect about you using automated technologies and interactions, and information that we collect or receive from other sources and third parties.
We collect personal information from you:
• when you are in the process of placing an order on our website and / or abandon placing an order whilst in the process of ordering;
• when you pay for an order;
• when you have placed an order with us on our website;
• when you create an account with us;
• when you change details on your account;
• when you contact us directly using one of the methods listed on our contact page (e.g. by email, by phone, by the Facebook Messenger Live Chat plugin on our website or in writing to our address), when you speak to us directly in person, when you directly message us on a social media platform (such as Facebook) or when you interact with us on a social media platform.
• when you provide additional information (e.g. through notes or special instructions);
• by the means of 'cookies' (see the section below "Cookies" to learn more);
• when you sign up to our email Newsletter;
• when you request additional information about a product / service or an order or when you apply for a trade account or when you request a wholesale brochure to be emailed to you;
• when you make a complaint to us or provide feedback to us about our products / service (for example, if the feedback was negative we may write it down so that we may act on it and improve);
• when you fill in a contact form;
• when you enter a prize draw, promotion, competition, survey, questionnaire or answer any questions that ask for your answer / feedback / opinion on.
We may also collect personal information about you from third party sites and sources that are publicly available:
• If an order is placed on our website then the following data may be collected from the third party payment service PayPal which allows customers to use the PayPal checkout on our website to pay using their credit card or debit card details or to either login into their PayPal account and pay for the order through that: financial information such as payment method, the amount paid, etc., contact data such as full name (first name, middle name and surname), email address, delivery address and transaction data such as order details (item number/s, item name/s, item/s purchased, item/s price, quantity purchased, instructions from buyer), subtotal amount, total amount, payment amount made, payment reference i.d., invoice i.d., receipt i.d., transaction date and time, and currency.
• Trustpilot.com (who we use for collecting Reviews from our customers - see below for full details on how we use Trustpilot);
• Google Adwords (an advertising platform we use to display adverts to you about our products/services);
• Google Analytics (a data analysis service we use to analyse our website traffic and how people interact with our website);
• Please note that if you are a trade customer (a wholesale customer) to us then we may also view any of the publicly available information about you or the corporation that you are working for on Companies House.
• Please note that if you are supplier to us, we may also collect information about you (e.g. your contact details, the products and services you provide us, on our order history with you, invoices from you to us, notes about chats with yourselves, communications with yourselves, etc.).
How we use your personal data and justification for its use
We will only process your personal data when there is both a reason to do so and the law permits us to do so.
The processing of your personal data must be justified under one of a number of legal bases. The principal legal bases that justify our processing of your personal information are:
• contractual obligations - for example where we need your data to fulfil the contract we are entering into or have entered into;
• legal compliance - where we need to use your data to adhere to our legal obligation/s;
• legitimate interest - where we require your data as it is necessary for a legitimate interest/s of ours (or those of a 3rd party) and your rights and interests do not overrule our legitimate interests.
Purpose of Personal Data Processing
We require the information we collect to provide you with the products / services you have requested or to enter into a contract, internal record keeping, complying with regulatory requirements, to improve our products and services, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, to comply with legal requirements and we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and in particular for the following reasons listed in the table below:
• Legitimate Interest - this is a legitimate business interest to allow us to make updates / changes to our services, and terms and conditions.
• Email address;
• Full name (first name, middle name and surname);
• Usage data;
• Profile data;
• Marketing communication preferences.
• Legitimate Interest - this is a legitimate business interest to increase sales through competitions, prize draws and to better understand our customers through surveys and questionnaire so that we can offer better products / services to increase sales and expand the business.
• Email chats, social media chats and phone call notes (e.g. order number - request or problem, etc.);
• Email address
• Full name (first name, middle name, surname);
• Products you have bought from us;
• Delivery address, billing address;
• Special requests you have made;
• Usage data;
•Full name (first name, middle name, surname);
• Email address and password;
• Legitimate Interest;
• Email address.
• Legitimate Interest - this is a legitimate business interest to market similar products / services that Hunts England Limited offers and for any re-engagement campaigns in order to improve and grow sales in our business.
• Email address;
• Email chats, social media chats and phone call notes (e.g. order number - request or problem, etc.) and special requests you have made;
• Payment information;
• Legitimate Interest - this is a legitimate business interest to recover money owed to us.
• Email address,
When we share your information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
• Advertising partners such as Google Adwords in order to deliver to you targeted and remarketing advertising and marketing partners or providers who provide email marketing services;
• Regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies if we are required and professional advisers (such as accountants, bankers, lawyers and insurers) who provide professional services to us;
• Suppliers who provide our website hosting and website service and IT providers as well as those who provide cloud storage for us and analytics providers who help us understand and optimise our website;
• Companies that are required in order to fulfil and deliver your order to you: e.g. delivery providers that we use such as Royal Mail and Hermes and payment providers who provide services to us by processing your payment details (e.g. credit card or debit card details, etc.), carrying out fraud checks which may use automated decision making or providing you with additional support services.
• Third parties to whom Hunts England LTD merges part of its assets or business with or enters into a joint venture with or to third parties who we purchase assets or businesses from or to third parties who we sell our business or assets to. Your information may be shared with the subject business, target company, owners or advisers to the firm or business assets in question.
Where you have provided your consent we will send you marketing communications via email.
If you would not like to receive marketing communications from us you can opt out by:
• clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every marketing communication email we have sent to you;
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How to manage cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How we keep your data secure
If you have an account on our website you will have a password. It is your responsibility to keep this password private.
Your personal data will not be retained for any longer than is necessary for the purpose we collected it for or for any accounting, regulatory or legal requirements. Once the retention period has ended your personal data will be deleted completely or irreversibly anonymised for statistics or research reasons (if your personal data has been irreversibly anonymised then this data may be kept indefinitely). An example of a data retention period is that for tax reporting requirements we keep basic order information for 6 years after the end of the relevant accounting period in which your order took place.
Links to other websites
Data aggregation, analytics and profile creation
We may analyse your browsing behaviour to draw inferences and create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviours. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make you aware of the data protection rights you have. These include:
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object to processing;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You also have the right to withdraw consent: whenever you have provided consent to us at any time you can withdraw your consent.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us either via email or in writing using the details given in the contact details section at the top.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to make a complaint with your data protection regulator. If you wish to make a complaint about us you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Hunts England Limited may also use such reviews in other promotional material and media for our advertising and promotional purposes.